Advice for buying prints, linocuts and etchings:
1) Choose a piece that you love – It should speak to you personally, and stay with you long after you leave the gallery.
2) Get help from a professional – galleries play a crucial role in helping buyers to discover what’s right for them.
3) Choose from small editions – ensure that the size of an edition has been determined before you purchase.
4) Make sure your print is an authentic edition – an authentic edition will be signed and numbered.
5) Buy early – whilst limited edition prints, linocuts and etchings don’t set out to be expensive, they may end up that way.
6) Conserve your art carefully – if you buy an unframed print, linocut or etching and arrange for your own framing, it is important to check that the framers use conservation grade materials to fix the piece within the frame.